Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tying Kim

I'm not sure how many ways I've tied Kimberly Marvel. I've booked her at least a half dozen times with multiple ties per shoot. I can't say enough good things about her. She's a genuinely nice person and a great model (especially if you want someone who can ham it up).

She is not personally excited by bondage but knows how to look good in rope. Because of physical issues, she is planning on cutting way back on the amount of time she spends wearing the ropes but she is a competent rigger and hopes to get some work as the dominant.

She was the first model I tied up. I learned a lot from the experience and from going over the pictures afterwards.

Because of some cancellations, she had a hole in her schedule (and in her finances). I booked her for a couple of hours. I ran across a tutorial on Chinese bondage and had been wanting to try it. Unlike Japanese bondage, almost all of the rope stays behind the model. The most distinctive feature is a spiral wrap around the woman's arms.

I did a basic version of this plus one with extra loops of rope connecting the spiral wraps to the back of the neck. It looked really good. Kim's husband called it "awesome".

I've had her in Japanese box ties before so I avoided that. I did a chair tie and a rope harness with her arms tied to the back.

We were shooting in a hotel room. It was a sunny day with a lot of light coming through the window. I like natural light and this was as good as I have had to work with. The pictures turned out good. All have nice lighting and Kim looked better than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment